Politika opens the Engine Room Gallery doors on Friday 19th September 2014 // There will be:
Private View: 6pm – 8pm // Launch Event: 8pm – 12am
- The first chance to see provocative artworks by urban interventionist artists from nine different countries including previously unreleased works by major artists.
- The newly renovated grade 2 listed building hosting the exhibition is in the heart of Ancoats, the world’s first industrial suburb. Politika includes mixed media, digital, sculpture and visual art installations.
In the Bar:
- Select teas and cold coffees from Manchester’s own North Tea Power.
- A live installation by Manchester based artists Shift//Delete entitled ‘Molotov Cocktails?’. Come forth and consume specially commissioned alcoholic drinks laced with a dash of espionage. Prepared and served by our very own Sunny Wray.
- Local brews from Moss Cider, IPA and a range of other drinks available at affordable prices.
Music provided by Mind On Fire, OneFiveEight, Endless City & Groovement.
Make sure you join the launch event on Facebook